PA to Principal & HR Administrator
Closing date for applications: 10 March 2017
Study Group, a provider of Academic and English language courses, is currently looking for a PA to the Principal and HR Administrator for their site in Bellerbys Cambridge.
The successful candidate will enjoy all aspects of organisational and administrative work and will possess excellent communication skills. The candidate will be well organised, flexible, reliable and discreet and will show a strong attention to detail. Advanced IT skills are required and training will be provided on the college’s information management systems.
Experience of PA work or working in a school or college would be an asset.
- To establish and maintain good relationships with all students, parents, agents, colleagues, suppliers, contractors and other professionals
- To provide efficient administration and secretarial assistance to the Principal
- To manage the Principal’s diary and time including booking appointments, acting as the “gatekeeper”, receiving visitors and providing preparatory support
- To open, sort and distribute the Principal’s mail, advising on any urgent matters and downloading relevant documents
- To organise meetings and events (internal and external) on behalf of the Principal including refreshments and taking minutes as required
- To maintain a file of all college policies
- To liaise as required with members of the BCAB, staff (teaching and support), students, parents and agents on behalf of the Principal
- To liaise with professional bodies, outside agencies, other schools and organisations etc, and attend to queries as required by the Principal
- To assist in investigations and casework e.g. disciplinary matters both staff and students, legal matters, as required by the Principal
- To assist in the collation and preparation of statistics, management information and reports as required by the Principal, BCAB, and DfE
- To deal with the placement of all advertisements for new posts. To produce adverts in line with Principal and Central HR instructions, including the posting of the Job Description details to the press and onto internal websites
- To deal with the receipt and acknowledgement of job applications and the coordination of all interviews for new staff
- To prepare agendas and take and distribute all minutes of SMT and whole college meetings
- To answer incoming and internal calls, dealing with requests and enquiries and taking messages as required
- To maintain the Single Central Register in accordance with specified regulators
- To administer pre-employment checks in accordance with Principal and Central HR’s requirements
- To act as first point of contact for staff with HR Administration queries, consulting with Central HR support as required
- To process teaching and support staff personnel payroll
- To take minutes at employee relations meetings
- To maintain and update staff handbooks and organigrams
- To keep accurate records of staff absences and ensure staff follow appropriate procedures
- To keep an accurate staff training log, identify re-training requirements, and organise whole college training where necessary, and to maintain records of individual requests and approvals for CPD courses, in accordance with college procedure.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and personal skills
- Well organised
Qualifications and Training
- Administrative qualifications (desirable)
- Basic HR qualifications such as level 3 CIPD (desirable)
- Minimum 2 years administration experience
- Education background (desirable)
Knowledge and Skills
- Skilful knowledge of Microsoft Work, Excel and Powerpoint
- Able to grasp in-house systems such as databases and utilise communication systems such as Lync
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records check if appropriate..
Please send Covering letter and completed application form to Joanne Saward.
Application deadline Friday 10th March