Online Personal Tutor
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract length: 10 weeks
Start date: ASAP
In this fantastic job opportunity, you’ll join the Prepare for Success team as an online tutor providing academic study, welfare, and pastoral support to international students preparing to study on our International Foundation Year and Pre-Masters Programmes.
This is an exciting job role where you’ll work with students on a variety of skills to help prepare them to be successful in their future studies with us. You will be assisting students in areas such as:
- Learning Skills: Develop skills as a learner
- Life Skills: Apply new skills and knowledge in real life situations
- Language Skills: Focus on language development in different contexts (social, academic, and professional)
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace.
To be successful in this job role, you’ll be an English tutor, Academic tutor or Pastoral tutor who understands the needs of learners and encourages independent learning.a
If the idea of working in a role that offers exciting development opportunities and where no day is the same is appealing, then this is an exciting chance to really make a difference to students from all over the world.
In this role, you will manage on a daily basis the pastoral, welfare and academic study needs of a group of international students studying on the Prepare for Success online course. After completing Prepare for Success, students will join their course in an International Study Centre or a Bellerbys College, across our Level 3 and Level 6 programmes. You will use a range of communication tools and reporting mechanisms to support students’ engagement and progress. You will work to ensure the best possible student outcomes are attained, bearing in mind our ‘Students First’ values and commitment to the holistic wellbeing of each individual. You’ll be given the autonomy to be innovative and engaging to enhance the learning experience. The size of your group of students will depend on the number of hours you can dedicate to this role (ideally full-time, and with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week).
- Providing personal, pastoral and academic based support at individual and group level:
- Individual: answering questions, offering advice and encouraging individual students to engage with the course and to develop their independent learning skills
- Group: organising four live group sessions on Zoom, to take place on Wednesdays and Fridays at 9:00am and 3:00pm
- Monitoring and encouraging student participation on forums
- Offering academic support e.g. undertaking marking and feedback provision on a formative and summative basis
- Supporting an environment where students are able to take advantage of the range of activities offered to them: self-study, but also live activities such as tutor groups and enrichment programme.
- Working in collaboration with the project team to achieve the best possible student outcomes
- Supporting the transition of students onto their future course e.g. sharing an end of course report and further information with their centre
Experience and qualification
- Experience of working with international students.
- Experience of providing tutorials at both group and individual level.
- Experience of dealing with student pastoral issues and complaints.
- Monitoring student progress through action planning.
- Understanding of English language skills e.g. reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Excellent IT skills, including use of a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), online forums and Zoom live sessions
- A relevant degree or Masters (essential)
- A recognised teaching qualification (desirable)
- Professional Development opportunities.
- The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique online HE working environment and experience of working as part of a successful and innovative course
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.