Closing date for applications: 14 May 2017
Bellerbys College Brighton is a co-educational independent college for approximately 800 mainly international students. Our students range in age from 14 to young adults, with a wide range of nationalities and mother-tongues.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified media teacher to join our growing team of professionals in one of the leading international education colleges. .
The role consists of teaching GCSE, A Level and on our own Foundation course.
A willingness to contribute to our extensive enrichment programme would be essential.
- Keep abreast with changes to syllabus for each of the courses taught.
- Help students establish serious work habits by setting a professional example.
- Set demanding expectations for students’ learning, motivation and presentation of work.
- Teach to an appropriate level, ensuring the course is delivered in time for exam practice.
- Mark student work with constructive comments.
- Keep accurate registers (using Progresso) and mark books.
- Write reports for students – twice termly for first two terms in a year; once per term for summer terms.
Qualifications and Training
- Good first degree in a faculty-related subject
- Teaching qualification in a faculty-related subject
- Using IT systems to produce reports. Specifically experience of working with spreadsheets required and ideally experience of working with databases
- Experience of working in an education setting would be an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Expert teaching knowledge in a faculty-related subject
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines
Please apply with a completed application form to email@example.com
Application deadline 14th May 2017