Media Production Tutor
Deadline for applications: 31st August
Salary: £28.96 per hour
Contract type: Sessional, Variable Hours
Start Date: January
We are seeking a sessional tutor to start in our Spring Semester (January to April 2020) to teach our international student cohort. The tutor must be knowledgeable about media production and have experience in any combination of Photography, Video, Sound and Design. There might also be some Media Studies hours available dependent on knowledge and experience.
You would be expected to deliver highly effective modules across one or all of the University of Sussex International Study Centre courses, working at one or all of the following FHEQ levels:
- International Foundation Year Business, Media and Social Sciences (Film and Media pathway): level 3
- International Year One Media and Film Studies: level 4
- Pre-Masters Business, Media and Social Sciences (Film and Media pathway): levels 5 and 6
Deliver high level skills in photography, video, sound and design including advanced technical knowledge, conceptual knowledge and critical understanding in relation to these practice areas.
Technical knowledge of, and ability to teach with relevant photography, design, video and audio broadcasting software (for example, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Audition, Illustrator) and relevant camera and audio work (for example with Nikon DSLRs, Sony X90s, Tascam).
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by the Sussex ISC
- Prepare and deliver teaching lecture, seminar and tutorial sessions, with a normal teaching load of up to 25 hours student contact time per week
- Prepare formative and summative assessments
- Mark students' formative and summative assessment submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Work with the Centre's Operations team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes
- A Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject area
- Candidates with further qualifications in the subject area will be welcome and a Master's qualification is normally essential for teaching on International year 1 and Pre-Masters programmes
- Experience of teaching in UK Higher or Further Education
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment (Desirable)
- Experience of working with international students (Desirable)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.