Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Full time
The UCD International Study Centre in Dublin is looking for a Mathematics Tutor to join our team. Teaching on our International Foundation Year programmes, you will provide innovative, engaging, and student-centred lessons to our small classes which average around 15 students.
You'll have the opportunity to contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars, and tutorials. If you are enthusiastic about Mathematics, and with a passion for teaching international students, then this is a unique opportunity that shouldn't be missed.
Though the main subject required is Mathematics, we welcome applications from teachers who are qualified to teach a second subject in either Science or Business fields.
For the right candidate, additional academic and management opportunities may be available.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by the UCD International Study Centre.
- Prepare and deliver teaching lectures and tutorial sessions, with variable hours up to 25 hours per week.
- Write and prepare examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment.
- Mark students' formative and summative assessment submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials.
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Work with the Centre's administration team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support.
- Track student academic journey and identify and implement appropriate intervention strategies to support on-going learning.
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session-level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses.
- Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related subject area (essential)
- A relevant teaching qualification (desirable)
- Experience of teaching in the Higher or Further Education sectors or of Leaving Certificate (Hons)/A-level (essential)
- Experience of working with international students (desirable)
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.