Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £34,170.57 - £38,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
We are proud to introduce the University of Aberdeen International Study Centre, which is the newest addition to the Study Group network. We’re opening the doors in September to talented international students, and are now looking to build an experienced team of Tutors that would thrive from the challenge.
For this job role, we are looking for an experienced Maths to deliver modules from our Undergraduate Foundation Year programme, with a focus on teaching Maths for Engineering. You will work with small groups of Maths students, giving you the opportunity to be innovative with your lesson design and delivery.
Working from modern facilities, you will have access to high-quality learning technologies, and will be encouraged to think outside of the box to ensure the students have a world-class experience whilst studying Maths in the UK. We offer excellent career progression and professional development, and you can utilise the wider Study Group network which is full of opportunity.
This job role reports to the Head of Curriculum & Progression, and as this is a new centre, you will work closely with them on a day to day basis. The team will all be NEW, so you will need to be a strong team player that is confident to hit the ground running, whilst also being adaptable in a start-up environment. As the UK’s fifth oldest University, the campus is full of rich heritage and we are based in the heart of this historic learning environment. Some even say it’s like a small village, creating a friendly community.
This job will be full of challenge and will require commitment, motivation, passion, and dedication. At times workload will be high, and you may find yourself getting involved in different areas of the centre, however, the variety is unrivalled, and the reward will be huge as you watch something small grow to a fully functional centre of excellence.
- You will deliver high-quality teaching of Maths modules (including Maths for engineering) to groups of international students.
- You will undertake marking and feedback provision on formative and summative basis, whilst complying with Quality Standards and Processes
- You will have the opportunity to support the development of students’ independent learning.
- To maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- To participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
- You will need extensive experience teaching Maths (including Maths for engineering) in UK higher, further education or sixth form context.
- A Masters Degree in Maths or a relevant subject is desirable.
- Experience, and a positive track record, of working with staff teams, evaluating performance and identifying development needs.
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment (e.g. Blackboard)
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.