Closing date for applications: 18 October 2017
Position: Fulltime/Part Time/Variable Hours
Location: Stockton-On-Tees (Durham University)
An excellent opportunity has come up for a number of Maths Tutors to join the Study Group organisation, working from our brand new International Study centre. The right candidate should be an energetic, committed, and passionate Tutor, with exceptional communication skills and a true passion for providing transformational learning experiences.
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. This is an exciting time for the organisation as we introduce a new centre, working in partnership with a highly reputable University. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
The purpose of the role is to deliver highly effective modules at both Foundation Year (Pre Undergraduate) and Graduate Diploma (Pre Masters) level, in the Centre.
- Reporting to the Head of Curriculum & Progression, you will be responsible for:
Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff
Qualifications and Training
You will have experience of, or a commitment to, working with international students and have:
- A recognised teacher status qualification and/or
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Teaching experience in Business (or relevant related subject) within an either FE or UK higher education context; preferably experience of working with international students’
Knowledge and Skills
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- A student-centred approach
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Strong sense of teamwork
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
If you are interested in applying then please send your CV through to email@example.com for consideration.
Application deadline Wednesday 18 October 2017