Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £26,796.84 - £38,968.86 per annum DOE
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Start Date: January 2020
Bellerbys Brighton is a co-educational international college which specialises in providing a high quality British Education for predominantly international students from over 60 different countries around the world and preparing them for university. Our highly motivated students benefit from our state of the art facilities and small class sizes within a unique and vibrant educational environment.
Bellerbys College is owned by Study Group, a global educational organisation which prepares students for life in a global society and success in the world economy.
We are now seeking to recruit two enthusiastic full-time teachers of Maths commencing January 2020 to teach A Level, GCSE and Maths modules on the Bellerbys Foundation Programme.
Within this role you will also have personal tutor duties.
The successful candidate should also have A willingness to contribute to our extensive enrichment programme.
A teaching qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Write appropriately stimulating and challenging Schemes of Work for Maths
- Effective delivery of courses
- Ensuring students’ notes are appropriate and well-organised
- Marking student work and returning within agreed deadlines
- Marking exams and/or coursework and accurately recording
- Furnish detailed comments for UCAS applications when requested
- Liaising with the Head of Faculty, Programme Manager & Exams Officer as appropriate to make exam entries for students taught
- Writing academic reports as required
- Using educational technology in teaching, including interactive whiteboard with StudySmart
- Ensure students have appropriate textbooks, liaising with Head of Science as necessary
- Ensure a punctual start and finish of classes
- Set a good example to students in terms of appropriate dress, standards of punctuality and attendance
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation and enthusiasm for teaching
- Attend regular Faculty and staff meetings, and events
- Be proactive in taking responsibility for matters relating to health & safety
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonable assigned (eg cover, invigilation etc.)
- Keep accurate daily online registers.
- Tutor duties may be required – dependent on role and college (pastoral and HE guidance pending term and group)
- Good first degree in Maths is essential
- Teaching qualification desirable but not essential
- Experience of teaching Maths is essential
- Experience of teaching other Science subjects at GCSE level is desirable but not essential.
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised lunch
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.