Part Time Foundation/A-level Economics, Maths, Accounting Tutor
Closing date for applications: 06 March 2017
Part-time Subject Tutors (fixed term) – starting 3rd April 2017
Foundation/A-level Economics; Maths; Accounting
Lancaster University International Study Centre (LUISC) is seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational teacher to join their high performing team. The individual appointed will have the opportunity to teach at Foundation level and to contribute to the on-going development of the International Foundation Year pathways.
One of the main duties of this role will be to design teaching materials and to deliver the module using appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods. The candidate will be required to hold a recognised teaching qualification and have recent experience of teaching relevant subjects they are applying for. Candidates will also be expected to have tutorial experience, working in both large and small group settings.
Experience of teaching international students plus proficiency in the use of interactive technologies is an advantage.
The modules to be covered would be taught part time for 5-10 hours per week. There is some flexibility in timetables.
- To contribute to teaching in the relevant subject areas
- To contribute to teaching on other LUISC courses where appropriate
- To prepare detailed schemes of work in advance for all groups taught in any one term or year
- To deliver these schemes of work effectively, to set homework (minimum 1 a week) and mark and return these within 3 working days
- To maintain up to date records of student attendance, homework marks and test scores
- To contribute to the preparation of end of term reports on and for students
- Supervise and mark Project dissertations where required
- Provide cover where necessary
- To contribute to the development and/or revisions to existing courses or new courses in terms of design, content, structure, form of delivery, assessments etc.
- To attend calendared staff or departmental staff meetings, Module Assessment Boards (MABs) Programme Assessment Boards (PABs) and training days as appropriate
- To keep up to date with developments in academic teaching and skills including the use of e-learning resources
- To create and update teaching materials
Qualifications and Training
- First degree (Upper Second or First in an appropriate subject area)
- Qualified Teacher status
- Post graduate qualifications (desirable)
Knowledge and skills
- Teaching relevant discipline to FE/HE Level (NQF level 3, FHEQ 4)
- Experience of teaching international Students (desirable)
- Experience of Further Education Sector in the UK (desirable)
- Experience of Higher Education Sector in the UK (desirable)
- Ability to motivate and teach students and to carry out pastoral functions
- Effective communication skills
- Computer Literacy and knowledge of using interactive technologies
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send a covering letter and completed application form to Fiona Marroni at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: midday on Monday 6th March 2017
Interviews: Friday 10th March 2017
While we thank all applicants for their interest, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted by 8th March then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.