Maths and Computing Tutor
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £34,840 per annum
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students and helping them on their way to academic success and rewarding careers. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Maths and Computing Tutor to join our University of Strathclyde International Centre. Joining a small student-centred team, you will have the opportunity to work in autonomous teaching and learning environment teaching international students across our Undergraduate Foundatuoin, and Pre-Masters programmes.
This role is based in our Strathclyde centre, located in the heart of the University of Strathclyde campus. The centre offers run three programmes: International Foundation, Year One, and Pre-Masters, and has excellent student outcomes and feedback. The team are all friendly and professional, promoting a collective mentality, regularly sharing our ideas and methods.
- Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
- You will be a student-centred Tutor, with experience in teaching Maths and Computing at Level 3 or above, in a Further Education or Higher Education setting.
- Experience teaching at Undergrad level would be highly advantageous.
- You’ll require a Master Qualification in Maths, computing, or another relevant subject.
- Experience teaching small classes or seminars would be highly desirable.
- You’ll be able to show examples of lesson content that you have designed, developed, and delivered.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.