Maths and Computing
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £28.33 per hour
Contract type: Variable Hours
Our University of Strathclyde International Study Centre is looking for an experienced Maths and Computing Tutor to join the STEM team on a variable hour contract ranging from 10-15 hours per week. Teaching on our Maths and Computing International Foundation (Level 3) and Pre-Masters (Level 6) programme, you will provide innovative, engaging, and creative lessons to our small classes, that average around 10-15 students. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars, and tutorials. Expertise in Maths and Statistics is required, and it would be a huge bonus if you have knowledge of Software Development (Java, HTML, CSS). If you are a student centred Tutor, enthusiastic about Maths, and with a passion for teaching international students, then this is a unique opportunity that shouldn’t be missed.
This role is based in our Strathclyde centre, located in the heart of Glasgow in an alluring University Campus. The centre offers run three programmes: International Foundation, Year One, and Pre-Masters, and has excellent student outcomes and feedback. The team are all friendly and professional, promoting a collective mentality, regularly sharing our ideas and methods.
- Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
- You will be a student centred Tutor, with experience in teaching Maths or Computing at Level 3 or above, in a Further Education or Higher Education setting.
- Experience teaching at Undergrad level would be highly advantageous.
- You’ll require a Master Qualification in Maths or computing to teach on the Level 6.
- Experience teaching small classes or seminars would be highly desirable.
- You’ll be able to show examples of lesson content that you have designed, developed, and delivered.
- We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.