Position Type: Fixed Term Contract (Ending Aug 2018), Full Time
Salary: Circa £32,000 per annum
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
This is a fantastic experience for an experienced teacher, full of energy and enthusiasm, to have a unique and extremely rewarding teaching experience. You will be teaching international students from all over the world, providing a transformational learning experience that gives the students the best opportunity to progress into a UK University.
Our Leeds Study Centre offers a fantastic opportunity to the right candidate to join the team and play an integral part to the success of the centre. If you have experience working in a FE or HE environment then that would be an advantage.
- Teaching Maths and Physics modules on the International Foundation Year
- Reporting to the Head of Department you would work alongside other members if the ISC to support students’ academic and pastoral development
- A willingness to contribute to our enrichment programme would be essential.
- Keep abreast with changes to syllabus for each of the courses taught.
- Help students establish serious work habits by setting a professional example.
- Set demanding expectations for students’ learning, motivation and presentation of work.
- Teach to an appropriate level, ensuring the course is delivered in time and students are thoroughly prepared for assessments.
- Give students regular feedback on formative and summative assessments to inform their further learning.
- Keep accurate registers
- Contribute to progressions monitoring reports
- Take part module development and annual quality assurance activities
- Write appropriately stimulating and challenging Schemes of Work
- Effective delivery of courses
- Marking student work and returning within agreed deadlines
- Marking exams and/or coursework and accurately recording
- Provide reports and references when requested
- Using educational technology in teaching, including extensive use of the VLE
- Ensure a punctual start and finish of classes
- Set a good example to students in terms of appropriate dress, standards of punctuality and attendance.
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation and enthusiasm for teaching
- Attend staff meetings, and events
- Be proactive in taking responsibility for matters relating to health & safety
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonable assigned (e.g. cover, invigilation etc.)
- Tutor duties
- Other related activities as may be reasonably requested by the Head of Department
Qualifications and Training
- At least Degree qualified in Maths or Physics.
- Teaching qualification
- Masters degree required for teaching on the International Year 1 programme
- Teaching experience in the either Maths or Physics at level 3 is preferred as is experience of working with international students
- Expert teaching knowledge in the subject(s)
- The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply with a CV and send to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant.