The Study Group marketing team support our international student community on their journeys to success in a global society. We set out to promote our international education proposition and generate brand awareness, supporting the student journey from application to arrival at top universities across the UK, Australia and North America.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, creative marketing assistant to join our Brighton-based team on a six month contract. In this job you’ll work closely with the Marketing Manager to help maximise the commercial potential of our International Study Centre brands across our European business.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
It’s an opportunity to work for Study Group, the 2017 Pathway Company of the Year*. We believe in empowering the people who work for us – so if you have ideas, we want to hear them! And you’ll be working in the thriving heart of a great city. Doesn’t sound too bad, does it?
*Education Investor Awards 2017
What does the job actually involve?
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Work with and Marketing Managers for International Study Centre brands to implement marketing plans according to the student journey
- Co-ordinate the briefing, creation and implementation in a timely manner of marketing activities across a range of channels e.g. web, social media and print
- Analyse and report performance data to assess whether the objectives are being met and identify trends and opportunities
- Actively participate in reviewing marketing activity including analysing results, identifying lessons learned and sharing best practices
- Maintain the accuracy of public information covering all marketing collateral and websites
- Gather and communicate opportunities for content that support the student journey and help to maintain social media activity (as required)
- Continually seek to improve the customer experience by listening to and acting on student needs
- Undertake desk research including competitor and market analysis
- Administrative duties including keeping data in IT systems current
- Support portfolio marketing activity and other project work as required
What skills will I need for the job?
You’ll be a strong communicator (written and verbal), with an eye for detail and accuracy. You’ll be a problem solver, with the energy and dynamism required to thrive in a fast moving and challenging commercial environment.
If you have previous marketing experience and/or a relevant degree or marketing qualification, that’s great. But if you don’t, and you tick our other boxes, we’d love to hear from you!
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit your CV via our application website, and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.