Deadline for applications: 31st August
Salary: £23,564 per annum
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. We teach customised programmes across higher, language and online education starting from high-school to life-long learning. Study Group operates its own colleges and partners with leading universities across UK, Europe, North America and Australasia.
Our Bellerbys College London is looking for a Maintenance Operative to become part of a team that provides a high quality Maintenance and Facilities service to the College and Accommodation buildings. You will be honest, reliable and trustworthy with excellent communication skills. Cultural awareness and sensitivity are also a prerequisite for the role, as is a keen sense of responsibility and flexibility.
Life at Bellerbys College London is about much more than the chance to get a great education. We help our students to get immersed in college life and the city that will become home during their studies with us.
- Assist in the completion of all in-house monthly PPM jobs
- Complete all Building Services daily/weekly checklists
- Manage and complete all reactive maintenance tasks assigned by Maintenance Manager within a realistic and reasonable timeframe
- Assist with the ownership and management of all Health and Safety Management System folders
- Maintain a positive, productive working relationship with all other staff
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in the prioritisation of health & safety management in the Building Services area, ensuring policies, risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place
- Ensure checking and inspection processes are completed as required and deviations are promptly actioned.
- Proactively flag any health and safety concerns to the Maintenance Manager or Regional Facilities Manager
- Assist in any site porterage requirements
- Undertake fabric maintenance and repairs as required
- Supervise contractors as required
- No qualifications necessary but demonstrable experience of working in the Facilities or Maintenance industries would be an advantage.
- Good experience of electrical and plumbing practice
- Understand COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations and guidelines
- Understanding of Health and Safety regulations
- Confidence with the use of power tools and working at heights training would be an advantage
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.