Leadership and Manager Development Specialist
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Permanent
We're looking for an energetic and collaborative Learning and Development specialist to empower, enable and support our network of 450 managers and people leaders globally across a range of academic, corporate, sales and operational functions. A truly "greenfield" job which you can very much make your own, your remit will include both the design and delivery of bespoke development interventions, as well as engaging with external vendors and managing broader aspects of manager development.
Some of the things you'll do in this job:
- Design, facilitate and manage Management and Leadership development programmes across the global business, including frontline manager development, potential leader programmes and specialist leadership programmes for specific cohorts (for example, academic centre directors)
- Evaluate individual and organisational development needs in various locations and business lines
- Support broader learning and talent development initiatives (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, competency framework development etc.)
- Design and deliver online and webinar based content and workshops as required.
- Design and deliver intact team development interventions
- Carry out training impact assessments and programme evaluations. Report against programme effectiveness to all relevant stakeholders
- Curate and support our manager community and promote a range of community and collaborative development activities via Workspace and other internal platforms
- Foster a culture of long-term learning and development across the organisation
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the HR function globally
Experience and attributes
To do this job, you'll ideally have worked in a mature L&D function and know "what good looks like", and have the vision and desire to be able to implement this into a global organisation. You'll certainly have experience creating and running hands-on management and leadership programmes, an excellent understanding of competency frameworks and talent pipeline management, and strong organisational and planning skills. You'll be a self-starter, able to take a hands-on approach to design and delivery, with the communication and influencing skills needed to gain credibility with senior leaders.
You'll be versed in technology mediated learning approaches including LMS and online content authoring tools. A coaching qualification and/or familiarity with or qualification in standard personal evaluation methodologies would be useful. But if you don't have this, and tick our other boxes, we'd love to hear from you!
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.