Lead Academic Personal Tutor
Deadline for applications: 22 April 2018
Are you an Academic Personal Tutor looking to make a difference? Would you like the opportunity to work with talented international students from all over the world? Do you have the Academic and pastoral skills to empower our students to reach their potential? If yes, then this opportunity couldn’t be more perfect. We are Study Group, a global business providing world class education to International Students. We are offering the opportunity for a Lead Academic Personal Tutor to take on this rewarding role, playing a key role in our student’s development and progression.
Contract: full time permanent
Who is this role for and where does it fit in?
Our students always come first and we take pride in providing an exceptional student experience. This role plays a key role within the centre, working as part of a team that have a direct impact on our student’s progression. See the key responsibilities below:
Leading and line managing the existing team of Academic Personal Tutors (APTs).
- Developing the APT programmes.
- Developing the skills and practices of the APT team.
- Providing personal, pastoral and academic based tutorials at both individual and group level.
- Assist with monitoring the centre’s Progression Tracking processes for all students
- Working in collaboration with the centre’s Welfare Officers, Subject Leads, Progression Support Manager and the Head of Curriculum and Progression to achieve the best possible student outcomes
- Providing an environment where students are able to take advantage of social and sporting activities, and cultural events.
What experience/skills do you need?
- University Application Advice.
- Good knowledge of UK HE contexts.
- Experience of line managing staff and managing a team of 5-10 staff members.
- Experience of managing and delivering tutorials at both group and individual level.
- Understanding of academic study skills e.g. plagiarism; report writing; presentation skills; exam preparation etc.
- Student counselling.
Where is the role based?
Our Durham University International Study Centre is the newest to the Study Group network, recently opening its doors in September last year. Based in the stunning Queens Campus, it is now a fully functional centre full of talent students from across the globe. The centre runs a varied curriculum across the International Foundation, and the Pre-Masters programme.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants.
If you are interested in finding out more then please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and then a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Application deadline 22 April 2018