Junior Business Analyst
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Permanent
We’re looking for an exceptional junior Business Analyst to fulfil this key role within our fast paced, international business. The job will be based at our offices in central Brighton, a stone’s throw from the train station.
As part of a project team within Finance, in this job you’ll be supporting the delivery of global projects for an international educational brand. You’ll use your first class communication, organisational and problem solving skills to work with a range of stakeholders and business users on system and process change projects.
This is a great opportunity to consolidate your existing analytical skills and take your first steps in your career as a Business Analyst.
Business and Process Change
- Support major process reviews and design workshops by preparing documentation and producing or updating process models
- Take the lead on small process reviews
Answer simple queries from business users throughout the project lifecycle
- Support the definition of business benefits by providing data analysis and computation where required
- React and realign documentation to changing stakeholder requirements and key business decisions
- Prioritise tasks and deal with issues under guidance and deal with clients up to middle management level
Build, Test and Implementation
- Answer simple queries from IT during the build and test phases
- Support the UAT process with production of test scenarios and participating in testing of new solutions
- Develop training materials and deliver training for simple changes
- Provide post-implementation support
- Review basic product needs, instructions and regulations; document requirements and assist in communicating the requirements to internal stakeholders
Project Management & Administration
- Plan simple pieces of work and manage deliver
- Attend meetings and document actions and issues
Qualifications and Training required
If you have a degree and a business analysis certification and/or formal training or experience, that's great. However, these things are by no means essential – candidates’ attitude and personality are far more important.
You should certainly have experience in data or financial analysis and reporting, and ideally you’ll have previously worked on business or technology change projects. Most importantly, you’ll have the ambition to develop your career within Business Analysis, and the aptitude to flourish in a fast, complex international organisation.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.