Junior Business Analyst
Closing date for applications: 23 March 2018
The role is based in a fast-paced project team delivering global projects for an International Educational Brand. The role requires excellent communication skills, flexibility and an eye for solving problems. Designing, creating and supporting change with business stakeholders and users is the focus of the work. Based in Finance but with daily interactions with IT & system developers - each new project brings with it a chance to engage with a new area of the Business. You should have a solid Finance knowledge and project or change management experience would be advantageous.
The role is focused on supporting the design and build/implementation of new solutions and processes to meet Business requirements. A confident approach to eliciting requirements from stakeholders and a strong attention to detail in documentation is essential for success in this role. Strong organisational skills are a must to coordinate User Acceptance Testing as part of the implementation phase.
Business & Process Change
- Assists and supports business change projects and deliverables.
- Has solid analytical and communication skills and works under moderate supervision to take responsibility for small specific pieces of work within the team.
- Prioritises tasks and deal with issues under guidance and deal with clients up to middle management level.
Business Systems & Technology Enabled Change
- Reviews basic product needs, instructions and regulations; documents requirements and assists in communicating the requirements to internal stakeholders
- Depending on the nature of the project, undertakes entry-level requirements testing and/ or User Acceptance testing and implementation tasks with guidance.
- Develops an understanding of customer and/or product needs in the context of internal and external requirements for software development information
Business and Process Change
- Supports major reviews and design workshops either organising meetings, preparing documentation, taking notes, producing or updating models
- Conducts small reviews and interviews and produces relevant documentation
- May be given responsibility for the simpler aspects of future state design
- Answers simple queries on the design
- Supports the definition of business benefits providing data analysis and computation where required.
- React and realign documentation to changing stakeholder requirements and key business decisions
Build, Test and Implementation
- Answers simple queries from IT during the build and test phases
- Supports the production of test scenarios
- Participates in the testing of the new solutions
- Supports UAT
- Develop training materials and deliver training for simple changes
- Provides post-implementation support
Project Management & Administration
- Plan simple pieces of work and manages delivery, updates plans and provides status updates
- Provides support to the Programme Director in organising and maintaining project and programme documentation
- Attends meetings and documents actions and issues
Qualifications and Training
- Degree Qualified in a relevant discipline or demonstrable experience
- Business analysis certification and/or formal training or experience
- Experience of documenting and analysing business process and system issues and of proposing recommendation for improvements
- Training experience preferably in the context of business systems
- Data or financial analysis and reporting
- Experience of working on business or technology change projects
- Knowledge of back office business systems preferably in the education sector
Knowledge and Skills
- Process modelling and mapping
- Documenting system requirements
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies, techniques and tools
- Data and financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Flexible and adaptable attitude and approach
- Planning and project management skills desirable
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply with a CV and completed application form to Gemma Byrne.
Application deadline 23 October 2018