IT Services Specialist
Closing date for applications: 23 February 2018
The purpose of this role comprises of working in a team to support, manage and administer Study Group's UK based infrastructure and users. This purpose will require the role to assist in providing maximum possible up-time for all infrastructure, and ensuring that all users have the necessary access to their required systems. In addition to this is the need for consistent end-user support, administration and maintenance of all UK based systems.
- To provide end-user support for Study Group systems. The responsibility revolves around the use of a Helpdesk system to respond to and assist staff members with issues and service requests.
- The tasks this responsibility encompasses will range from desktop support to account and systems administration. These tasks require not only an in-depth knowledge of IT hardware and software platforms but communication abilities and customer service skills.
- Provide escalated support of end-user impacting issues as required for the wider IT Operations team and as directed by the IT Services Team Leader or IT Operations Manager.
- To support and maintain the Server, Networking, Storage and related back office infrastructure within the UK.
- This role will have responsibility to assist in ensuring all core back office systems and infrastructure are working effectively and efficiently, conforming to global standards and security policies.
- Urgently responding to alerts from monitoring systems may be necessary at times.
- Plan, manage and implement a range of IT rollouts, upgrades, and projects.
- Manage UK based disk/tape backup solution as required.
- Perform troubleshooting and remediation as required
- Assist in delivery of UK related projects as required by the IT Services Team Leader or IT Operations Manager.
- Adhere to project management methodologies as set out by IT PMO.
- Compliance to all relevant data protection, financial, taxation and legal requirements.
- Compliance to all relevant education sector requirements.
- Compliance to all Study Group policies and procedures.
- Champion Study Group's Corporate Social Responsibility and in particular Building Futures.
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem solving
- Customer Service Focused
- Planning and Organising
- Technical application
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Work Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a a completed application form to Clare Macmorland, IT Operations Manager.
Application deadline 23 February 2018