IT Services Specialist
Closing date for applications: 2 February 2018
The purpose of this role comprises of working in a team to support, manage and administer Study Group’s UK based infrastructure and users. This purpose will require the role to assist in providing maximum possible up-time for all infrastructure, and ensuring that all users have the necessary access to their required systems. In addition to this is the need for consistent end-user support, administration and maintenance of all UK based systems.
Contract: Full time, permanent
- To provide end-user support for Study Group systems. The responsibility revolves around the use of a Helpdesk system to respond to and assist staff members with issues and service requests.
- The tasks this responsibility encompasses will range from desktop support to account and systems administration. These tasks require not only an in-depth knowledge of IT hardware and software platforms but communication abilities and customer service skills.
- Provide escalated support of end-user impacting issues as required for the wider IT Operations team and as directed by the IT Services Team Leader or IT Operations Manager.
- To support and maintain the Server, Networking, Storage and related back office infrastructure within the UK.
- This role will have responsibility to assist in ensuring all core back office systems and infrastructure are working effectively and efficiently, conforming to global standards and security policies.
- Urgently responding to alerts from monitoring systems may be necessary at times.
- Plan, manage and implement a range of IT rollouts, upgrades, and projects.
- Manage UK based disk/tape backup solution as required.
- Perform troubleshooting and remediation as required
- Assist in delivery of UK related projects as required by the IT Services Team Leader or IT Operations Manager.
- Adhere to project management methodologies as set out by IT PMO.
- Compliance to all relevant data protection, financial, taxation and legal requirements.
- Compliance to all relevant education sector requirements.
- Compliance to all Study Group policies and procedures.
- Champion Study Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility and in particular Building Futures.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Clare Macmorland.
Application deadline 2 February 2018