IT Business Analyst - Interim
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Six month contract (subject to review)
Location: Brighton, UK
Study Group operates in a complex, competitive and fast paced international marketplace, and we rely heavily on development of our IT systems in order to keep us ahead of the game.
We’re looking for a high calibre Business Analyst to join our global IT team for a year-long contract. Based at our Head Office in central Brighton (just a stone’s throw from the train station), in this job you’ll work on a range of exciting and business critical IT projects, including IT custom software implementation projects, technical software upgrades, packaged application implementation, business process re-engineering, and business/technical integration of acquired entities.
In this job you’ll gather and document business requirements, analysing business processes and coordinating/supporting testing activities with the business team members. In addition, you’ll support project management in the areas of project scoping, end user training and continuous improvement of project methodologies, templates and deliverables. You’ll use your first rate communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support an initiative from start to finish in coordination with the project manager, IT manager(s), development/testing teams and business leads.
The job of Business Analyst will cover a wide range of projects and BAU releases including IT custom software implementation projects, technical software upgrades, packaged application implementation, business process re-engineering, and business/technical integration of acquired entities.
Analysis and solution definition
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into detail, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business delegates and SMEs, analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the artefacts as needed.
- Artefacts will include, functional requirements (Business Requirements Document or equivalent), Use Cases, end to end scenarios
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the opportunities and constraints associated with use of one or more solution options and work with stakeholders at all levels to explore and articulate the fit and gaps with current and/or potential business requirements in order to achieve agreed business outcomes
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Learn the functions of different IT platforms and solutions designed in a project or a BAU release
Testing and implementation
- Define/support test case definition and the testing activities to validate whether the requirements have been met. Competence with reviewing test scripts, test plans and test scenarios ensuring that they are based on the as-is state as well as the to-be models and testing the functionality of the physical product
- Provide guidance and support business team members in test script development for UAT
- Assist in test issue resolution. Validate and recreate issues reported by the business testers
- Work with developers as functional tester to support resolutions in a timely manner
- Participate in the execution of test scripts during system test
- Provide End-User Support after a release
- Support training as required with the knowledge of the business requirements
- Take input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback
- Communicate and applies project standards
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients
- Considerable experience in Business Analysis, requirements development and management (Essential)
- Demonstrable experience in creating requirements artifacts (Essential)
- Experience in test development/coordination (Essential)
- Tertiary qualifications in a business discipline (Desirable)
- Worked on projects using a waterfall and agile methodology (Essential)
- Flexibility in working hours during key phases (Desirable)
- Self-Motivated and Team Player (Essential)
- Ability to build trusted relationships with various stakeholders (Essential)
- Understanding of Project Management (Essential)
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.