Interim Credit Analyst/Controller
Closing date for applications: 4 February 2018
Looking for an Interim Credit Controller on a fixed term basis. To analyse and control credit activities for UK, Europe & North America Higher Education and Language businesses to ensure minimal bad debts, losses and improved cash flow.
Job Purpose: to analyse and control credit activities for UK, Europe & North America Higher Education and Language businesses to ensure minimal bad debts, losses and improved cashflow.
- Credit management
- Monitoring all creditor exposures across the region, whether Student, Agent, Vendor/Supplier, Staff or University.
- Communicating with students, agents and sponsors to ensure debts are settled while maintaining our reputation and relationship appropriately.
- Maximising cash collections and improving cash flow by reducing DSO.
- Working with external collections agency for aged student debt and internal or external legal advisers for agent/sponsored debts.
- Producing reports showing progress made and current risks that still require monitoring and focus.
- Assisting with the documentation of current processes and procedures and being involved in a standardisation strategy for these where analysed as appropriate.
- Member of a small team locally, but assisting centre staff and Admissions staff to ensure the management of debt is in line with policies.
- Managing workload appropriately through peak periods.
- Other Ad Hoc assistance and analysis.
- Business acumen
- Embrace change
- Drive for results
- Team work intellectual curiosity and analytical skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision communication
- Peer relationships customer focus
Qualifications and Training
- Appreciation of collections and debt management legal framework.
- Recognised Accounting and/or Credit qualification (AAT, ICM, etc) or suitable experience.
- 2 years + experience across credit & collections management, shared services/transaction processing would be ideal.
- Experience of working in a new and changing environment.
- Working in a team communicating with internal staff and customers from across the world.
Knowledge and Skills
- Common sense approach to risk identification and mitigation.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork and organisational skills.
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of credit related/consumer laws, civil codes and debt collection regulations.
- Strong IT skills particularly experience using Excel.
The position holder must comply with internal policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a completed application form to Lina Balickaite, Senior Risk Analyst.
Application deadline 4 February 2018