IELTS Administrative Assistant
Closing date for applications: 23 June 2017
IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is designed to assess the language ability of candidates who want to study or work where English is the language of communication.
This position is available on a part-time basis and successful candidate will be required to support the Test Centre Manager on working days, cover holidays if necessary and the occassional days off. Hours are to be negotiated and to include 1 Saturday/month running the IELTS test days.
- To manage the IELTS test centre in the absence of the IELTS Test centre Manager.
- To be responsible for the administration of the IELTS test on test days in accordance with all regulations and procedures in the absence of the IELTS Test centre Manager.
- To deputise for the IELTS Test centre Manager on a regular basis (at least once a month). This will involve taking full responsibility for the supervision of IELTS team members (invigilators, clerical markers and examiners) on test days when the IELTS Test centre Manager is not present, ensuring that all appropriate security measures are taken when processing candidates for the test, including ID checks, finger scans and storage of valuables for at least 120 candidates
- To allocate scripts for marking and distribute secure materials to examiners and clerical markers ensuring that all materials are tracked using the appropriate security sign out procedures
- To manage candidate complaints, incidents of candidate malpractice or breaches in security protocol on test days in accordance with the IELTS regulations in the absence of the IELTS Test centre Manager
- To be responsible for the handling of all secure materials in accordance with IELTS security protocols in the absence of the IELTS test centre Manager
- To respond to general queries about taking the IELTS test at Bellerbys College Brighton Test centre
- To receive and process IELTS candidate applications using the British Council ORS database, paper applications and walk in applicants
- To ensure that all identity documentation is received and checked for each applicant in accordance with IELTS and British Council guidelines.
- To ensure that payment is received from each test candidate within appropriate timescales.
- To assist in the allocation of candidates for speaking tests.
- To assist in the preparation of materials for test days.
- To assist the IELTS Test centre Manager in the implementation of the IELTS test, adhering to the necessary protocols and security regulations.
- To be responsible for materials sign-put sheets from the secure storage facility to IELTS team members.
- To maintain appropriate levels of test materials, ordering supplies when necessary and checking consignments.
- To process data entry of exam marks into the IELTS secure database.
- To prepare Test Report Forms to be sent out to candidates and receiving organisations.
- The applicant must have an eye for detail and be highly accurate with data entry and filing systems that are in place.
- The applicant should have excellent communication skills and a kind manner to deal with IELTS Candidates.
- The applicant must be good at working to deadlines and under pressure.
- The applicant should be good at prioritising workload.
- The applicant must have the confidence to manage staff, candidate complaints and general queries in the absence of the IELTS test centre Manager.
- Has a kind, considerate and Professional manner.
- Demonstrate a high degree of personal initiative, accountability and responsibility.
- Understand the need for confidentiality and be willing to sign the relevant ‘Code of Practice’ and ‘Confidentiality Undertaking’ documents.
Qualifications and Training
- Full training will be provided by the Test Centre Manager.
- A high level of English required A Level or Equivalent.
- Advanced command of spoken and written English (- if non-native this should be equivalent to IELTS 8.0)
- Able to deliver information and demonstrate instructions in a clear and confident manner to up to 120 candidates.
- Experience in dealing with exam conditions preferable.
- Strong intercultural communication skills with proven empathy for different cultures and levels of English language ability of international test takers.
- Proven ability to follow strict procedures and have a detail-orientated approach.
Knowledge and Skills
- The applicant must have good computer skills.
- The applicant must have a good working knowledge of excel, word and online systems.
- At least one year's relevant experience in an administrative capacity.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the Study Group Code of Conduct and any local policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters;to act in accordance with British Council Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Undertaking, and to attend all training sessions arranged by the Centre.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and the appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Please apply with a completed application form and send to CollegeRecruitment@studygroup.com.
Application deadline 23 June 2017