Closing date for applications: 23 October 2017
Study Group are recruiting for a brand new HR Advisor role based 3 minutes from Brighton Station. The successful applicant will provide tactical and operational HR advice to our management teams and employees. You will also contribute to the development of HR-driven initiatives and work closely with the wider UK and Global HR team to ensure the delivery of cohesive and coordinated services across Study Group UK and Europe.
Coaching and training line managers in the application of HR processes is key, with particular focus on safer recruitment, disciplinary and grievance processes.
The role reports to a highly experienced Business Partner which provides an excellent development opportunity.
Location: Brighton, UK
Position: Full time, permanent
- Case management of a range of non-complex individual employee relations matters ensuring consistent, good quality practice
- Support the HR Business Partner with the execution of organisation change initiatives
- Guide and support line managers in the recruitment and selection of staff, ensuring compliance to safer recruitment processes and the accurate tracking of vacancies against budget
- Support the delivery of annual people processes (such as performance management, employee engagement surveys) within the allocated client base
- Support the delivery of an effective HR Information and reporting system, ensuring the quality and compliance of people-related data
- Provide first line advice on HR policies and procedures
- Support the delivery of compliance initiatives designed to ensure that the business is meeting its regulatory and inspection obligations
- Work with HR Operations Manager to ensure the delivery of smooth HR administration and payroll services to the identified client group(s)
- Identify opportunities to streamline operational HR processes or improve their execution using business feedback, improved HRIS reporting and/or Line Manager education
- Be a resilient self-starter who can work at pace
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility
- Be well organised to enable them to consistently meet deadlines
- Be able to balance delivery of multiple priorities, often within short timescales and be prepared to “muck in” when the need arises
- Possess excellent communication and influencing skills to build open dialogue and close relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Demonstrate a level of commercial awareness but able to balance how such messages are delivered across different audiences
- Competent in use of Excel to undertake basic data analysis
- Be happy to be mainly office based but with some travel around the UK
- Be a member (or working towards membership) of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development or equivalent professional body. Support will be provided to obtain a relevant CIPD qualification if the job holder does not already possess this.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply via LinkedIn.
Application deadline 23 October 2017
Interviews for this role will be held on week commencing 2nd October so please do not delay your application! In order to be selected for interview a screening call will be held week commencing 25th September.