Deadline for applications: 31st August
Salary: £20,513.00 per annum
Contract type: Permanent, Full Time
Our Bellerbys College Cambridge is looking for a permanent, full time House Parent to provide support, supervision and care to students within the Cambridge boarding house with safeguarding being of top priority.
Though not requiring any specific qualifications, experience in a similar role would be extremely helpful to this role. The perfect candidate will be empathetic and calm mannered, with a background in working in potentially pressurised situations. You will have extensive knowledge of Keeping Children Safe in Education and the National Minimum standards of boarding and be able to evidence this through previous experience.
You will be in the accommodation and contactable at all times by students and colleagues during the period of time when you are on duty, during which time duties would include but not be limited to: waking students up and supervising breakfast, ensuring students attend classes, overseeing evening and weekend meals and activities, monitoring student whereabouts, checking all requests for weekend leave and travel plans
- Ensuring a safe, caring boarding environment in the U18 residence and to promote high standards of pastoral care
- Staying up to date on legislation, quality initiatives and good practices within the residence
- Foster a ‘look after each other ‘ culture, so that students develop a sense of collective responsibility and are sensitive to the emotional needs of others
- Promote a purposeful environment, one which is conducive to academic study and in which students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning outcomes
- Ensure that the needs of each individual student are identified and met, communicating those needs to staff as appropriate, to ensure that the students feel supported and are able to develop and realise their potential
- Communicate effectively with parents about the well-being, progress and conduct of their children. Ensure that parents are kept well-informed when situations arise that require their knowledge or intervention
- Work with contracted on site security staff to ensure the safety and security of students in your care, and assist with any emergency that may occur in the residence whilst on duty or resident in the accommodation.
- Oversee the physical well-being of all students in residence and encourage them to lead a healthy lifestyle. Liaise with the College Nurse regarding any concerns about the health of a student and notify the Nurse and other relevant staff promptly when students are unwell
- Be available to support the new student arrival induction process
- First Aid (Desirable)
- The ability to build positive relationships with students and staff across the college
- Empathetic approach to our students
- Extensive knowlegde of the National Minimum standards of Boarding and also Keeping Children safe in Education.
- Competitive salary
- Holidays- Easter, Summer and Christmas
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.