Head of Sixth Form (Foundation)
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £40,220.81 to £47,502.56 (DOE) per annum
Bellerbys College Brighton are seeking to appoint a permanent, full time Head of Sixth Form to oversee our Foundation Programme. The Foundation Programme is a respected alternative to A Levels and provides progression routes to more than 70 universities.
Reporting to the Director of Welfare, the Head of Sixth Form (Foundation) will assume responsibility for leading provision in their Programme. The post holder will be a member of the Senior Management Team and will ensure that an excellent standard of academic progress and pastoral care is maintained across the programme. The Head of Sixth Form (Foundation) works closely with all members of the Senior Leadership Team to ensure effective delivery of all aspects of this important role.
Bellerbys Brighton is a co-educational international college which specialises in providing a high quality British Education for predominantly international students from over 60 different countries around the world and preparing them for university. Our highly motivated students benefit from our state of the art facilities and small class sizes within a unique and vibrant educational environment. We offer a wide variety of courses including English Language Preparation, IELTS, GCSEs, A levels as well as our own Foundation programme, which is a pre-university course accredited by Lancaster University. Bellerbys College is owned by Study Group, a global educational organisation which prepares students for life in a global society and success in the world economy.
- Overseeing strategies and structures to ensure the wellbeing of students in GCSE/Foundation/A Level including provision of welfare advice, guidance and support.
- To lead the Senior Tutor/s for Foundation.
- To develop the Tutorial and PSHE programmes ensuring that they are relevant and delivered to a high standard by tutors.
- To be responsible for attendance and discipline and to handle issues which have gone beyond the remit of the Head of Boarding and/or Senior Tutors.
- Inducting new students onto the Foundation programme.
- Ensuring safeguarding regulations and best practice are met at all times.
- Managing the Foundation programme.
- To oversee the monitoring and tracking of Foundation student progress and progression onto university.
- Overseeing the university application process for the programme and support students through clearing (if required).
- To undertake teaching as required.
- Actively participate in relevant internal meetings with project management of delegated areas connected to the role
- To provide guidance for individual staff and to assist with staff induction, appraisal, discipline and welfare, as required.
- To respond to parental concerns, complaints and enquiries on all matters of pastoral welfare, behaviour and academic progress.
Liaising with agents and parents on behalf of the college.
- Actively promoting the college by maintaining a positive and can-do attitude in all communications.
- Advising students, parents, agents and visitors to the college about the Programme and discussing individual student progression with parents and agents as required.
- Undertaking specific marketing activities as required.
- Managing the relationships and arranging presentation/ visits with 10 key partner universities.
- To be a member of the Senior Management Team and to assist in the various issues and responsibilities arising from that.
- To lead and deliver the College’s development plan and priorities in the Foundation Programme
- To report on and ensure regulatory compliance and inspection readiness in this area of the college.
- Supporting both the Head of Finance and Operations and the Principal in the recovery and reduction of outstanding debt for the college, when the time comes meet with students to discuss outstanding fees.
- Liaising with the Student Liaison officer and Head of Finance and Operations on internal progressing students enrolments.
- A good first degree.
- Experience of teaching Foundation and/or A Level
- Teaching qualification
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.