What is this role and where does it fit in?
This role will provide strategic leadership to our Sciences teaching staff, deliver Sciences modules and develop curricula across our Science programmes. Working closely with the Head of Subjects ad others teaching and management staff, you would be involved in the overall student learning experience to ensure the highest level of quality is achieved.
Salary: 35,000 - 40,000EUR
Contract Type: Full Time
Specifically you will:
- dynamically deliver Sciences modules (e.g.: Maths and/or Physics and/or Chemistry, and/or other sciences modules) – on average 15 hours a week teaching - to international students studying on the programmes offered by the Centre
- lead the development of Science modules,
- prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment in collaboration with a team of lecturers,
- assess students’ work and lead the marking moderation process.
- develop and maintain the Science modules’ virtual learning environment (VLE),
- provide input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process,
- maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student performance,
- provide, when/if required, academic learning support/teaching to students on top of the average teaching hours,
What experience do you need?
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about teaching and learning and can act as a role model to others. The right person will be Masters qualified, with extensive experience teaching Sciences subjects in Dutch Higher Education and/or secondary school environments. We love innovation, creativity, and collaboration, so someone who encourages this within a teaching and learning environment would be welcomed.
Please see some of the experience that will certainly be of interest.
- Preferably Master Degree in a Science or relevant subject area. Minimum Bachelor degree.
- Teaching qualification or relevant teaching experience.
- Experience in developing teaching material in Sciences subjects.
- Experience of leading, advising or supporting teaching staff.
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment/Blended Learning & Teaching technologies.
- A student centred approach, that incorporates innovate and creative classroom activities.
- IT proficient
- Fluent in English.
- Engaged, flexible and collaborative attitude.
Where is this role based?
Holland International Study Centre (HISC) – Study Group. HISC prepares students from all over the world for a university degree in the Netherlands. The centre aims to provide international students with the optimum educational preparation courses which range from International Foundation Years in Business and Science, to Pre-Masters Preparation.
HISC is a high achieving, fast paced, and forward thinking centre, which is a part of the global Study Group network.
Based in Amsterdam, very near to Central Station, the centre offers excellent modern facilities and a truly international environment.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit your CV via our application website, and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to present a VOG (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) and undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers and criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.