Would you like to manage a skilled team of Science Tutors, working complex programmes, in a completely unique environment?
Location: Guildford, University of Surrey International Study Centre
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Our University of Surrey International Study Centre has opened a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Science to join the management team. In this role, you will provide strategic academic leadership and management across our Science programmes, working closely with the Assistant Director of Curriculum and Progression and other Head of Subjects to ensure appropriate integration. You’ll have oversight of delivery, assessment and monitoring of the modules within the Science programmes, and will have line management responsibility of the team. As part of this position, you would be involved in the overall student learning experience, whilst also working with the Head of Quality and Innovation to ensure the highest level of quality is achieved.
Why choose us
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture. Our University of Surrey International Study Centre, based in Guildford, is based in the heart of a beautiful campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. The centre offers an International Foundation programme, a Pre-Masters programme, and English language preparation courses. There are a variety of pathways offered on both programmes as well as a variety of students from all across the globe.
What we offer
- 30 days holiday allowance that can be taken any time
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
What experience do you need?
- Masters Degree in a Science, or relevant subject area
- Experience, and a positive track record, of academic management and quality assurance in UK further and/or higher education
- Experience of leading, advising or supporting others to develop curriculum
- You’ll be a team player that can act as a role model to others, and as an advocate of Study Group
- Extensive experience teaching one of the Sciences in post 16, UK Pathway, or Higher Education environments
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.