Head of Science
Deadline for applications: N/A
At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate staff that share the same passion.
Would you like to manage a skilled team of Science Tutors, working complex programmes, in a completely unique learning environment?
Our University of Surrey International Study Centre has opened a fantastic job opportunity for a Head of Science to join the management team. The centre has experienced significant growth over the last 6 months and this is expected to continue for the foreseeable future, meaning the opportunity to develop the programmes, your team, and yourself. From our Level 3 and Level 6 programmes you’ll have the opportunity to manage a variety of pathways across Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Life Sciences, and Health and Medical Sciences.
Salary: £40,000 per annum
In this exciting job role you will provide strategic academic leadership and management across our Science programmes. Working closely with the Assistant Director of Curriculum and Progression and other Head of Subjects you’ll ensure appropriate integration. You’ll have oversight of delivery, assessment and monitoring of the modules within the Science programmes, and will have line management responsibility of the team. In this role, you would be involved in the overall student learning experience, whilst also working with the Head of Quality and Innovation to ensure the highest level of quality is achieved.
Experience and qualifications
- Master’s Degree in a Science, or relevant subject area (essential)
- Experience, and a positive track record, of academic management and quality assurance in UK further and/or higher education
- Experience of leading, advising or supporting others to develop curriculum.
- Extensive experience teaching one of the Sciences in post 16, UK Pathway, or Higher Education Environments
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
- 30 days holiday allowance that can be taken any time.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.