Head of Quality, Curriculum and Progression
Deadline for applications: N/A
The Head of Academic Quality, Curriculum and Progression will join the Senior Management Team at our University of Strathclyde International Study Centre, and work to deliver excellent student outcomes, quality assurance and enhancement in the curriculum.
You will be responsible for a team of academic staff and for overseeing the delivery and effectiveness of the programmes and the overall quality of the academic delivery. Reporting to the Head of Centre, you will work closely with senior colleagues within and outside the Centre to work towards the delivery of contractually required progression rates.
You will have the leadership of, accountability for and direct line management responsibility for a team of circa 10 Tutors, as well as working in close collaboration with the Head of English and the Subject leads.
Consequently, you will demonstrate recent successful line management experience in an academic/educational context in a relevant subject discipline and have a proven ability to engage with an HEI in collaborative developments.
This role is based in our Strathclyde centre, located in the heart of Glasgow in an alluring University Campus. The centre offers run three programmes: International Foundation, Year One, and Pre-Masters, and has excellent student outcomes and feedback. The team are all friendly and professional, promoting a collective mentality, regularly sharing our ideas and methods.
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
- Provide effective and efficient academic management and coordination of staff resources across the academic team working closely with the HoC and Professional Services
- Provide academic leadership to programme teams, taking overall responsibility for academic standards, the quality of learning opportunities, ensuring that they are managed appropriately and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Centre
- Work closely with the Professional Services Manager and subject leads to ensure that timetables and assessment schedules are created and delivered effectively
- Deliver the curriculum effectively and efficiently in collaboration with subject leads and the Head of English.
- Develop close and effective working relations with key partners in the University of Strathclyde
- You will need experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary education environment.
- Experience of successfully motivating and leading teachers to embed successful practice through a process of change.
- You will have a strong understanding of UK Higher Education and experience of managing support activity and staff in an international and/or UK further and/or Higher Education context
- You will have a background in teaching, preferably in Business or similar.
- We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.