Head of Quality and Progression
Deadline for applications: N/A
Location: Durham University International Study Centre, Queen’s Campus
Hours: Full time
Salary: £45,000 per annum
We are seeking a Head of Academic Quality and Progression to join the Senior Management Team at Durham University International Study Centre and work to deliver excellent student outcomes, quality assurance and enhancement in the curriculum.
At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate Tutors that share the same passion.
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. If the idea of working in a centre that offers exciting development opportunities and where no day is the same is appealing then this is an exciting chance to really make a difference to students from all over the world.
You will be responsible for the Academic Enhancement Team, and for overseeing the overall quality of the delivery and effectiveness of the programmes. Reporting to the Centre Director, you will work closely with senior colleagues within the Centre, and in the Study Group network, towards the delivery of contractually required progression rates.
- Articulate and implement a clear vision to drive forward continuous improvement and enable the Centre to achieve aspirational targets for student progression and wider student outcomes
- Provide effective and efficient academic management and co-ordination of staff resources across the Academic Enhancement Team
- Analyse data and feedback from a wide variety of sources to monitor progress towards progression targets, planning and implementing remedial actions where necessary
You will have leadership of, accountability for and direct line management responsibility for the Academic Enhancement team leads, and work in close collaboration with the Deputy Director Academic and Curriculum, the Head of English and Heads of Subject.
You will demonstrate recent, successful line management experience in an academic/educational context, in a relevant subject discipline, and have a proven ability to engage with an HEI in collaborative developments. And ideally, you will have a background in teaching in Business or Social Sciences and / or Engineering and Science and experience in ensuring academic standards.
- Experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary education environment,
- Experience of providing feedback to another person about their performance, which achieved a positive improvement
- Experience of HR duties, such as delivering training and taking part in the recruitment process
- Experience of planning and delivering change or continuous improvement, which achieved a positive impact on student outcomes
- Experience of working with international students and an understanding of welfare, well-being and cultural issues which may arise
- A Bachelor’s degree (required) and a sound understanding of UK Higher Education and experience of managing support activity and staff in an international and/or UK further and/or Higher Education context
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.