Would you love to manage a talented team of Tutors, working in an autonomous, innovative, and creative teaching environment?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and this is just one of the unrivalled benefits that you have when working with us. We are an international, creative, and forward thinking business, and love adaptable people that thrive in this environment. Are you an experienced Head of Subject looking for a change? Or are you a Subject Leader with line management responsibility, looking for a new exciting challenge? Due to significant growth, our Durham University International Study Centre is going through some exciting change, and we are offer ring the opportunity for a Head of Subject to join our global network.
Contract Type: full time perm
What is this role and where does it fit in?
- This is an exciting role, reporting directly to the Head of Curriculum and Progression, providing strategic academic leadership and management across the Humanities department.
- You will have direct line management of a mixture of Subject Leaders, and, full time, part time and variable hour Humanities Tutors.
- You will maintain academic oversight of the delivery, assessment and monitoring of a cognate group of modules within the Humanities programmes.
- You will work closely with faculty link Tutors from Durham University representing the Study Group brand.
What experience do you need?
You will be an experienced, and highly credible, expert in your field, with the leadership and management skills to empower your team. You’ll have excellent communication skills and people skills. The centre is energetic, so someone that is dynamic, flexible, and adaptable would love this environment. See below some other experience which we would love to see:
- Previous experience line managing a team of Tutors in either a Further Education, or Higher Education environment.
- A relevant Master’s Degree.
- You will need extensive teaching experience in an area of Humanities, in a post 16 education setting. If you have taught on UK pathway programmes then this would be highly desirable.
- Experience, and a positive track record, of academic management and quality assurance in UK further and/or higher education
- Experience of leading, advising or supporting others to develop a complex curriculum.
Our Durham University Study Centre is the newest to the Study Group network, recently opening its doors in September last year. Based in the spectacular Queens Campus, it is now a fully functional centre full of talented students from across the globe. The centre runs a dynamic curriculum across the International Foundation, and the Pre-Masters programme. This is a high-energy centre, where no day is the same. The centre is right next to the River Tees and the breath-taking Infinity Bridge
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit your CV via our application website, and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.