Head of Group FP&A
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Fixed term contract
Location: Marylebone, London
As the Head of Group FP&A, you'll play a very important role within our business. We're a complex, truly global organisation backed by private equity, and working in Group finance is often challenging, but never dull!
Reporting to the Director of Group Finance, this is a senior management job which offers a high level of engagement with senior stakeholders including the Global Senior Finance Leadership Team, the Global Executive Leadership Team and our Private Equity owners, and the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of global projects.
In this job you’ll
- Own and manage the delivery of the Global planning processes including monthly forecasting, the annual budget and three-year plan
- Lead the delivery of Board presentations for Annual Budget and quarterly trading updates
- Manage the monthly management accounts process that includes monthly and annual forecast analysis on both financial and KPI metrics
- Lead and develop an FP&A manager and one management accountant
- Work closely with region finance teams during forecasting and budgeting process as well as end of month analysis
- Drive change and process improvement via different global improvement projects
- Optimise Global planning procedures by maximising utilisation of internal planning tool and rolling out consistent forecast process across the 3 regional finance teams
- Oversee the forecasting process and monthly reporting of Global Capex
- Strong systems and data skills (including advanced Excel & PowerPoint) are essential. Experience of Adaptive would be an advantage.
Qualifications and Experience
You’ll certainly be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA.) You'll need to have had experience within a Group function in a reasonably large and complex business (ideally, but not essentially, international.) You’ll be a first rate communicator, able to manage, influence and present to stakeholders at the highest level. You'll have the initiative to come up with ideas for improvement, and the confidence and energy to drive them through. It's a job where you can really make a difference.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.