Head of English (EAP)
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: Up to £39,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
This role is based in our Strathclyde centre, located in the heart of the University of Strathclyde campus. The centre offers run three programmes: International Foundation, Year One, and Pre-Masters, and has excellent student outcomes and feedback. The team are all friendly and professional, promoting a collective mentality, regularly sharing our ideas and methods.
This is a fantastic job opportunity to join the team as the Head of English. In this fast-paced and varied management role, you will play a key part in the centre's leadership team. Using your expert knowledge in EAP, and your previous line management experience with an EAP environment, you will have the opportunity to ensure the highest level of student experience and progression is achieved. Working with our bespoke programmes, you will also represent the centre at a wider network level, collaborating regularly with other Heads of English across the network
If you enjoy working in an environment that offers challenge and variety then this job role will not disappoint. And of course, as you work with students from across the global empowering them to achieve their higher education goals, your day will be filled with fulfilment.
- You will lead a team of English (EAP) tutors, ensuring that all English and Academic Skills modules across all courses and programmes are delivered to agreed standards,
- Follow the agreed curriculum and utilise agreed assessment modes, resulting in the best possible outcomes for students and the best possible student experience.
- You will design and manage the delivery of English and Academic Skills modules.
- Develop and lead teaching, learning and assessment initiatives in the Centre to embed good practice in language development and Academic Skills within both English and
- Academic Skills and subject module delivery.
- Collaborate with the University Partner building and maintaining a positive relationship.
- A relevant Master’s Degree (e.g Applied Linguistics, TESOL) or a DELTA (Essential)
- Previous management or lead experience in an EAP teaching and learning environment.
- Expert knowledge of EAP, including previous experience teaching EAP AT Further Education or Higher Education
- Experience of planning and running complex education courses in English and Academic Skills
- Experience of leading a team to achieve high levels of student academic performance and outcomes against agreed targets
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.