Head of Curriculum (Learning and Development)
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: Circa £45,000
Contract Type: Full Time, permanent
At Study Group, we strive for a world class service to be provided to our students and HEI partners in every aspect of what we do and work hard to equip our centres and staff with the strategies, support, and guidance needed to ensure this. This exciting and unique position is a great example of this. Working alongside the Director of Learning, Teaching and Quality Enhancement you will drive strategic initiatives which will enhance the quality and standard of Study Group’s UK academic portfolio, pedagogic innovations, CPD for academic staff, learning delivery and assessment in order to deliver the best possible academic outcomes for students.
You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with all 18 Study Centres, visiting each University Campus to gain a thorough understanding of the teaching and learning that takes place across the network. You can be based anywhere in the UK, and there will be lots of travel involved, so a comfortability in doing this is essential.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need credibility gained from experience and understanding gained at all levels of HE. You will have a passion for Teaching and Learning, with a respect for Lecturers. We are looking for someone that works independently, but is also a team player as you work closely with the central team. With this role comes great variety as well as flexibility, whilst working with a wide range of Academic professionals. There are lots of opportunities to engage in other projects as we continue to develop and grow as a business.
- To support the strategic development of new curricula for validation and approval across the UK and Europe study centres at level 3, 4, and 6 to ensure Provider expectations and all external reference points are met.
- Liaise effectively with Marketing, Sales, the Regional Management Teams, Admissions and the Academic Registry to ensure that the curriculum and outcomes are appropriate to the needs of our learners and HEI partners.
- Work closely with Regional Management teams and other staff on structure, form and content leading to its successful approval/validation.
- Identify opportunities for future portfolio development based on Centre, HEI and market feedback.
- Embed innovative practice into Centres to improve student outcomes and facilitate progression onto an HEI award.
- To develop frameworks that support network-wide replacement opportunities for students at risk of non-progression
- To support Centres to develop their approach to learning, teaching and assessment in order to improve student retention and achievement whilst also enhancing staff performance
- To drive the development and running of Provider level CPD frameworks, opportunities and lead on the running of the Provider Academic Conference
- Strong track record in curriculum development activities and assessment methods in a HE setting.
- Evidence of driving innovation and continuous improvement in a HE setting.
- Experience of operationalising strategic objectives and driving forward change plans to deliver against these
- An understanding of how to deliver interventions to enhance student achievement.
- Thorough knowledge of the UK Quality Code and national educational architecture including RQF, subject benchmarks, FHEQ and OFQUAL processes.
- A minimum of a Masters Qualification.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.