Head of Curriculum and Progression
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £38,000.00 per annum
At Study Group we're very excited about the forthcoming launch of our International Study Centre at Cardiff University.
The Head of Curriculum and Progression will provide the leadership and vision to deliver excellent student success through the development of teaching, learning and assessment, curriculum innovation and quality assurance and enhancement that embeds outstanding collaborative working with both the University and the Study Group network. You will be responsible for leading and supporting a team of academic staff and have responsibility for maintaining and managing academic standards, quality assurance and enhancement. Reporting to the Head of Centre, you will work closely with colleagues within and outside Cardiff ISC (CISC) and be accountable for the delivery of contractually required progression rates to the University.
The successful applicant will support the Head of Centre in the overall management of CISC, consequently, applicants must have a proven track record of effectively and efficiently running a small to medium large sized academic department, with experience of managing different curriculum pathways, a number of direct reports and rigorous and robust quality assurance processes.
- Articulate and implement a clear vision to drive forward continuous improvement and enable the Centre to achieve aspirational targets for student success in line with Study Group's Vision 2022 strategic pillars
- Articulate and implement a clear vision for the development of programmes and student experience to meet the overall strategic aims of the Centre as an effective, attractive and high quality pathway to UK HE
- Contribute to strategic planning and policy development in areas including human resources; academic development; learning, teaching and assessment; and academic quality assurance and enhancement as part of the Centre management team
- Provide academic leadership to programme teams, taking overall responsibility for academic standards, the quality of learning opportunities, and the accuracy and completeness of published information, ensuring that these are managed appropriately and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Centre, the Provider and the University, as relevant
- Lead on ensuring that the Centre is fully compliant with Study Group, Cardiff University and relevant external agencies' quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice
- Oversee and respond to External Examiner(s) with regards to student outcomes and the effective assessment processes within the Centre
- Ensure that the Centre's Quality Assurance framework is implemented across all academic teams and lead on the development and submission of the Centre's Annual Monitoring Report
Experience and qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree and a postgraduate qualification
- Teaching qualification or HEA Fellowship
- Further management or leadership qualifications or a willingness to undertake such
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.