Head of Curriculum and Progression
Deadline for applications: 18th July
Contract type: Permanent
It’s been an unbelievable journey for our Durham University International Study Centre, since opening its door in 2017. In just a short space of time, working collaboratively with this fantastic University, the team have created a large fully functioning centre, achieving fantastic progression, whilst implementing a unique and engaging student experience. The excitement and energy surrounding this centre are still alive, and this exciting opportunity is a key role that will drive the centre into its next stage of development, which includes moving into a brand new purpose built building.
Head of Curriculum and Progression will provide the leadership and vision to deliver excellent student outcomes, quality assurance and enhancement, and curriculum innovation that embeds outstanding collaborative working with both the University and the network.
You will be responsible for leading and supporting a large team of academic staff. Reporting to the Centre Director, you will work closely with senior colleagues within and outside the Centre and be accountable for the delivery of contractually required progression rates to the University. Critically the successful candidate will need to carefully balance the requirements of the Centre alongside the need for compliance, consistency and collaboration with the University and Study Group as a whole.
You will take leadership of, accountability for and direct line management responsibility for a team of Heads of Subject. Consequently, the successful candidate will demonstrate recent successful line management experience in an academic/educational context in a relevant subject discipline and have a proven ability to engage with an HEI in collaborative developments
- Articulate and implement a clear vision to drive forward continuous improvement and enable the Centre to achieve aspirational targets for student outcomes
- Communicate and implement a clear vision for the development of the academic relationship with the host university, including appropriate articulation routes that maximise opportunities for recruitment to the Centre
- Articulate and implement a clear vision for the development of programme pathways to meet the overall strategic aims of the Centre.
- Provide effective and efficient academic management and coordination of staff resources across the all-relevant teams in the Centre
- Taking overall responsibility for academic standards, the quality of learning opportunities, and the accuracy of published information and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Centre.
- Work closely with the Deputy Head of Centre for Student Experience and their team to ensure that timetables and assessment schedules are delivered effectively.
- Deliver the curriculum effectively and efficiently.
- You will be experienced in providing successful leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment.
- You’ll have previous experience managing a multi-discipline Curriculum.
- You should have gained experience in working with external partners and both national and international stakeholders.
- You’ll have extensive people management experience in a Further Education or Higher Education environment.
- A Master’s Degree is essential, with a PhD being highly desirable.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.