Head of Curriculum and Progression
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: 50,000 Euros per annum
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate Academic Leaders that share the same passion.
This fantastic job opportunity is a national role within the Netherlands that working as part of the senior management team. As Head of Curriculum and Progression your aim is to provide the leadership and vision to deliver excellent student outcomes and be accountable for achieving these; quality assurance and enhancement and curriculum innovation which embeds strong collaborative working with the universities, partners and the network.
The role requires leading, inspiring and supporting a team of academic staff across various subject disciplines. Reporting to the Head of Centre, you will work closely with senior colleagues within and outside of the Centre and be accountable for the delivery of contractually required progression rates to the Universities partners. Critically you will need to carefully balance the requirements of the Centre alongside the need for consistency and collaboration with the partners and Study Group as a whole.
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. To get the most from this job role, you would have a strong work ethic and be a self-starter that can hit the ground running. If the idea of working in a centre where no day is the same is appealing then this is a fantastic job opportunity to really make a difference to students from all over the world.
- Leading and managing the Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategies in order to enhance student performance and outcomes.
- Leading the development and implementation of the educational strategy in line with Study Group ambitions to grow its presence in the Netherlands and extend the student educational offer
- Promoting curriculum and educational innovation across and beyond the Centre and the sharing of best academic practice;
- Managing and improving educational quality assurance policies and practices
- Develop strong stakeholders relationships with colleagues in the Centre, across Study Group and ISC network
- Promoting and representing Holland ISC with external education stakeholders.
Experience and qualifications
- Extensive teaching experience of international students in a Higher Education Institution context
- Experience of managing an Academic Team, with expertise in either Business, EAP, Economics, or Sciences.
- Extensive knowledge of Higher Education in the Netherlands.
- A minimum of a Masters Degree is required.
- Confident in learning and using new student management systems or databases.
- Experience of data management and interpretation, and quality assurance.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.