Head of Centre
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £55,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
Our University of Lincoln International Study Centre is looking for a Head of Centre, a pivotal role to the successful running of this Gold standard institution, known for its cutting edge technology and variety of innovative teaching methods.
As Head of Centre, you will take ownership of the operational delivery of the centre, whilst working strategically with the Cluster Director to implement the overall Study Group strategy. At Study Group we strive for world-class student experience and exceptional student outcomes, and this is a fantastic opportunity to build a dedicated, passionate, and student centred culture that can deliver this. This is a high profile opportunity within the business that comes with its challenges and will require hard work and dedication, however, the end result will be truly rewarding.
- To provide effective leadership to enhance the student learning experience and to foster a culture of teaching excellence.
- To follow a Business Plan for the ISC with a budget set by Study Group.
- To contribute to and implement the expectations articulated in Study Group’s strategic pillars, identified annual outcomes and guiding principles.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with University Partners ensuring issues are identified and dealt with promptly or escalated to line management
- To demonstrate safe and healthy working practices at all times and manage the workplace so that it is a safe and healthy environment for staff and students, working in partnership where necessary with any host premises to achieve this.
- To ensure the delivery of high quality academic and language programmes in line with the OfS Quality Code for HE.
- To ensure the achievement of academic outcomes, progression and registration in line with KPIs.
- To drive innovation to support the development of a wide range of teaching, learning and assessment opportunities.
- To ensure compliance with quality assurance and safeguarding procedures within the Centre.
- To ensure teaching is effective and efficient, observing classes as appropriate and appraising staff annually and maintaining staff records.
- To oversee staff performance and behaviour and ensure that staff demonstrate and adhere to safe and healthy working practices at all times and work to the Study Group and
- Centre policies and procedures, including the Study Group Code of Conduct.
- Educated to Degree level (Essential)
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of leading a comparably sized educational establishment
- Demonstrable understanding of academic management and knowledge of educating international students
- Proven experience of delivering academic excellence whilst meeting financial and commercial targets
- Evidence of effecting cultural change and implementing new operating systems and procedures
- Ability to establish credibility and build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A demonstrable capacity to develop long term plans for the Centre, identify innovative solutions to challenges at the same time as working operationally on day to day matters/issues
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.