Head of Centre
Deadline for applications: 14th April 2019
Salary: Circa £50,000 per annum + Bonus
Contract Type: Full time perm
We are proud to introduce our brand new University of Aberdeen International Study Centre. This is the newest addition to the Study Group network that will open its doors in September 2019. We are looking for an experienced Academic leader to take on the crucial role of Head of Centre. Initially, this role will work with the project team to deliver a successful opening of the centre in September, ensuring that it is fully operational.
From then, you will take ownership of the operational delivery of the centre, whilst working strategically with the Cluster Director to implement the overall Study Group strategy. At Study Group we strive for world-class student experience and exceptional student outcomes, and this is a fantastic opportunity to build a dedicated, passionate, and student centred culture that can deliver this. This is a high profile opportunity within the business that comes with its challenges and will require hard work and dedication, however, the end result will be truly rewarding.
As a world Top 200 University and the UK's 5th oldest, the University of Aberdeen offers a rich heritage with modern facilities. Located in the heart of the historic Kings College Campus, the centre offers a picturesque working environment.
- Develop a project plan for the Centre that allows it to be operational from when students arrive in September 2019.
- Lead the articulation and implementation of the centre’s programme pathways to meet the overall strategic aims of the centre as an effective, attractive and high-quality pathway to UK HE
- To appoint and provide leadership to study centre staff and attend regular meetings and build relationships with a variety of different internal stakeholders.
- To follow a Development Plan for the study centre with a budget set by Study Group.
- To organise the induction of students and staff, placing of students into appropriate classes, timetabling and the teaching of the International Foundation Year Programmes,
- Diploma and Pre-Masters programmes, and English Language programmes each semester.
- To be accountable for the development of all units, the progress of all courses, the conduct of assessments, and the annual monitoring cycle.
- To ensure teaching is effective and efficient, observing classes as appropriate and appraising staff annually and maintaining staff records.
- Attend and actively contribute to the University of Aberdeen’s Boards and Committees, work with University colleagues through approved liaison points and report regularly on these through the relevant governance structures.
- To provide oversight of the learning, teaching and assessment strategy and the enhancement of learning opportunities in Centre.
- To line manage the Heads of Department and Head of Student Experience
- You have previous experience managing an Academic Institution that delivers a varied curriculum.
- Extensive experience in managing Further Education Courses/Structures.
- You will require experience working in project teams. If you have been involved in setting up new academic institutions then this would be a huge bonus.
- You will be highly operational, but with the ability to work strategically towards the overall Study Group strategy.
- Managing the relationship with the University is essential, so you will have proven experience managing Higher Education stakeholders.
- If you have experience working in a Higher Education context then this would be advantageous.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.