Head of Centre
Closing date for applications: 10th March 2017
This is a new role within with a new partner in the ISC network. A truly versatile role, requiring the need for strong leadership and management, as well as a good understanding of the Higher Education sector. We currently have the Head of Centre role available at our new ISC at Durham University based at Stockton on Tees campus.
The purpose of the role is to:
- To lead the teaching centre working to achieve student outcome and financial targets.
- To lead and manage the quality assurance governance structure of the ISC in accordance with the policies and procedures of Bellerbys Educational Services Ltd and the host University.
- To carry out the main functions of the post and report to the Regional ISC Director, with any problems encountered in carrying out these responsibilities.
- To ensure that resources required by staff and students are maintained.
- To appoint and provide leadership to ISC staff and attend regular meetings with the Regional Director, UK, Study Group and other Heads of Centre.
- To follow a Partnership Development Plan for the ISC with a budget set by Study Group.
- Liaison with Study Group staff in Finance, HR, Admissions and Marketing.
- To organise the induction of students and staff, placing of students into appropriate classes, timetabling and the teaching of the International Foundation Year Programme each semester.
- To manage the applications of all International Foundation Year students to the University’s degree course and the completion of agreed procedures.
- To develop the partnership with the Durham University in line with contractual obligations.
- To deliver regular reports, presentations and data sets to the University and Provider with the purpose of tracking success.
- To ensure the accuracy of all public facing information in line with Provider expectations.
- To support the Centre’s compliance procedures in relation to external bodies including, but not limited to, the QAA and the UKVI.
- To ensure governance compliance at Centre and regional level, including the chairing of key meetings, committees and groups.
- To be accountable for the development of all units, the progress of all courses, the conduct of exams, and the annual monitoring cycle.
- To ensure teaching is effective and efficient, observing classes as appropriate and appraising staff annually and maintaining staff records.
- To provide oversight of the learning, teaching and assessment strategy and the enhancement of learning opportunities in Centre.
- To ensure rigorous and robust processes are in place to check that students are attending, completing work set, preparing and attending all formative tests, summative mid-term assessments and unit exams, recording all issues and taking action with problems, maintaining student records and results to include reports, MABs and PABs and finally liaising students’ results and progression with University link tutors, partnership office and external examiner(s).
- To ensure rigorous and robust processes are in place to check the pastoral welfare of all students including Centre liaison with University welfare and accommodation staff.
- To ensure that all necessary resources are available to staff and students.
Staff Recruitment and Appraisal
- To recruit and induct staff
- To line manage the Heads of Department and Administration Manager
- To appraise staff in line with the Provider’s expectations
- To develop CPD opportunities within the Centre
Qualifications and Training
- First Degree
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Academic Institution Management
- Teaching to A Level/Advanced Highers/FE
- University Application Advice
- International Student Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Further Education Courses/Structures
- Proven Team Management Skills
- Staff/Student Counselling
- Effective Communication
- Record Keeping
- Computer Literacy
The ISC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and appointments will be subject to receipt of both satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Please send Covering letter and completed application form to Paul Cawley.
Application deadline 10th March 2017