Head of Centre
Closing date for applications: 9 June 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, committed and proactive Head of Centre to join the Study Group organisation, working from our highly reputable Strathclyde International Study Centre. Based in the heart of Glasgow, the right candidate will be required to carry out the main functions of the post and report to the Regional Director with any problems encountered in carrying out these responsibilities, as well as ensuring that resources required by staff and students are maintained.
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- To appoint and provide leadership to ISC staff and attend regular meetings with the Regional Director, Study Group and other Heads of Centre.
- To follow a Business Plan for the ISC with a budget set by Study Group. Liaison with Study Group staff in Accounts, Admissions and Marketing.
- To organise the induction of students and staff, placing of students into appropriate classes, timetabling and the teaching of the Undergraduate Certificate course each term.
- To manage the applications of all Undergraduate Certificate students to the University’s degree course and the completion of agreed procedures. Liaison with University staff in the Registry, Estates and Academic Departments.
- To check that all staff have work schemes for all modules, to check progress of all courses, to organise the conduct of exams, consulting as necessary with the Regional Director, to liaise with the Regional Director on new curriculum changes and training
- To ensure teaching is effective and efficient, observing classes as appropriate and appraising staff annually and maintaining staff records.
- To check via weekly registers and via staff that students are attending, completing work set, preparing and attending all tests, mid-term assessments and module exams, recording all issues and taking action with problems, maintaining student records and results to include reports, Centre Board, MABs and PABs and finally liaising students results and progression with University link tutors, partnership office and external examiner(s). Reporting to ISC Steering Group and University International Recruitment Committee.
- To check the pastoral welfare of all students including liaison with University welfare and accommodation staff.
- To ensure that all necessary resources are available to staff and students.
Staff Recruitment and Appraisal
- To recruit and induct staff
- First degree
- Qualified Teacher status
- Academic Institution Management
- Teaching to A Level/Advanced Higher/FE
- University Application Advice
- International Student Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Further Education Courses/Structures
- Proven Team Management Skills
- Staff/Student Counselling
- Effective Communication
- Record KeepingComputer Literacy
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
If you would like to apply, please complete the application form and send to Justine Evento.
Application deadline 07 June 2017
We have an excellent referral scheme in place, so if you know anyone that may be interested in the position, then please forward over their CV as well as their email and telephone contact details. You will then be contacted when a result of the application has been reached.