Head of Business, Law, and Social Science
Deadline for applications: N/A
Would like the opportunity to lead a team of skilled Academic Tutors, in a completely unrivalled autonomous working environment? Our Leeds International Study Centre is offering the opportunity for a dynamic, adaptable, and driven individual to join the team during this exciting time at the centre. In this job, you will provide strategic academic leadership within the Business, Law and Social Studies Programme, which covers both the International Foundation Year (Level 3) and the International Year One (Level 4).
You’ll have the opportunity to line manage around 10 Tutors, managing performance as well the over quality across the department. You will act as a member of the exam board, oversea assessments, as well as liaise with external examiners and the University Partners. You’ll also play a key part in the centre's overall student experience and outcomes, working strategically with the Head of Curriculum and the other Heads of Subject. There is also the opportunity for you to experience our unique teaching environment, giving you around 15 hours of teaching per week.
It’s an incredibly exciting time at this centre, as they continue to achieve substantial growth alongside excellent results. Working with 2 partners, it’s unique within the Study Group network, which adds opportunity and complexity, meaning no day is the same.
Our Leeds International Study Centre is a fantastic place of education offering a number of different programmes to international students. Based in Headingley Stadium, the centre offers a pleasant working environment, with newly refurbished facilities. There is a café on site and free parking for staff. This is a growing, forward-thinking centre that offers lots of opportunity to someone that wants to progress.
Salary: £37,855 per annum
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
- You will line manage a team of Business, Law, and Social Sciences Tutors.
- Take ownership of the teaching and learning and quality assurance across the department.
- Work closely with the Head of Curriculum and Progression on staffing and timetabling for the department.
- Ensure the appropriate use and availability of departmental resources.
- You’ll require a Master’s Degree in Business, Law, or Social Science.
- A teaching qualification is highly desirable.
- Expert teaching knowledge in Business, Law, and Social Science within a Further Education or Higher Education setting.
- Previous experience in managing a team is highly desirable, however, experience as a Module Lead/Senior Tutor would also be considered.
- An understanding of programme management duties e.g. curriculum development, managing assessments – writing of assessments. Moderation and liaising with external examiners.
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.