Head of Academic English Skills
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Permanent, Full Time
This is an exciting time at our prestigious Coventry University London International Study Centre (ISC). We are looking to welcome a new Head of Academic English Skills, in a key position that will manage the Academic English modules across all our courses and programmes.
Leading a team of English Tutors and staff, you will collaborate, motivate, and encourage, the team to ensure that the best possible student outcomes and student experience are achieved. With leadership responsibility, you’ll be a part of the senior management team working closely on ensuring a high level of quality is maintained across the centre. You will have the opportunity to engage with a number of key stakeholders from the University Partner, and the wider Study Group network, acting as an ambassador for the Kingston centre.
No day is the same, deadlines can be tight, and an element of resilience will be required, however, for the right person, this role offers excitement, variety, and a fantastic platform in a fast growing centre. This is a highly operational role, however, if you have experience working at a more strategic level then this would of great value to this position.
- Ensure that the design and delivery of all English, and Academic Skills courses and modules are conducted with reference to and according to Study Group’s, Coventry University London’s and relevant external agencies’ quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice.
- Oversee the production of documentation for English and Academic Skills, including course outlines, module handbooks, schemes of work and teaching material.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key academic contacts at the University for English, and Academic Skills, ensuring a full understanding of relevant University curriculum content, assessment modes and quality policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the production of the Annual Monitoring Report, Centre Action Plan, and other evaluative and reflective documents, for submission to Study Group (Provider) and the University.
- Work in partnership with the Head of Curriculum and Innovation to design and introduce new courses, modules, products and methods of delivery and assessment.
- Ensure high levels of teaching and learning in English, and Skills, working with colleagues to monitor and observe teaching and learning activity, and supporting Subject Leaders and Academic Tutors in the continuous improvement of teaching and learning practices.
- Attend and represent the ISC for English and Academic Skills at meetings with the University, as agreed with the Head of Centre, providing presentations, information and data analysis.
Experience and qualification
- You will have previous leadership and management experience in a teaching and learning environment
- Experience in planning and running complex education courses in English for Academic Purposes.
- Experience of leading a team to achieve high levels of student academic performance and outcomes against agreed targets.
- You will have a can-do attitude, be pro-active, and be able to demonstrate resilience.
- DELTA Qualified or equivalent.
- Experience of teaching international students in UK higher or further education
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.