Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £34,000 per annum
We are looking for a Head Chef to join our team!
Study Group is a global education company based in Brighton. Our flagship Study Centre is a large international private education facility in the centre of the city. We are looking for an exceptional Head Chef to join our team to be responsible for overseeing the production of innovative and healthy fresh food - delivered to a consistently high standard to a diverse range of International customers. Our operation includes breakfast, lunch and dinner services, grab & go hospitality and occasional events. We are a 7 day operation serving up around 4000 covers per week to the students and staff of the college.
This is an ideal position for an experienced Head Chef who will take ownership of the kitchen and be instrumental in the development of our food offering, with a passion to drive quality fresh food and innovation. Importantly you’ll need to be a pro-active and confident leader able to train, motivate and lead the established team.
The successful applicant will be highly versed in Food Safety, HACCP, COSSH and Health and Safety and be dedicated to exceptional standards in this area
- To take full operational responsibility for food production and services including hands on as required
- To ensure food production is of the highest standard, improving and maintaining customer satisfaction by offering quality products that are of good value, seasonal, healthy, well presented and innovative
- To ensure that all services are available at the required time and meet the agreed standards able to adapt to a changing workload and be flexible to the business needs
- To take full responsibility for stock management including purchasing, storage, monthly stock takes and wastage.
- To have a pro-active and thorough approach to the management of Food Safety and Health and Safety maintaining exceptional standards in this area in line with legislation and company policy.
- Effectively manage cost of sales/budget to required targets through efficient purchasing, stock management and the pro-active control of wastage
- Ensure all gross margins are achieved and to be accountable for any fluctuations and results. Obtain a clear understanding of the set budgets and develop menus in line with those budgets.
- To effectively manage, train and lead the kitchen team ensuring a motivated, efficient and organised team
- To promote and maintain good working relationships between the kitchen, front of house and other catering outlets and to raise the profile of the catering services provided at UK Study Group.
- Proven experience in Kitchen operations as a Head Chef or Strong Senior Sous preferably within education/contract catering
- Strong craft background able to innovate and maintain high standards across the offer including hot food service, grab & go, salad bar, buffets etc. Experience and strong interest in International food is desirable as well as knowledge of healthy eating concepts
- Excellent communicator with an exemplary professional approach able to build relationships with various stakeholders around the college
- Organised and pro-active with a dedication to exceptional standards of practice within Food hygiene and Health & Safety legislation
- Sound financial acumen with sound knowledge of products and costing both commercial and cost per head
- It literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and recipe management software an advantage
- Catering qualifications to NVQ level 3 & Food Hygiene or equivalent experience
- 40hr per week contract worked between 7am-7pm and approx. 1 weekend in 3.
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Meals whilst on duty
- Holidays: 25 days rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Commitment to training and development of staff.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.