General Catering Assistant Full time
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2017
Location: Bellerbys College London Greenwich
We are looking for a General Catering Assistant to join our catering team to assist with the service of food and general kitchen duties.
- Serving on the hot counter throughout lunch and evening services
- Keeping server area clean and organised, displaying products as per dept. standards
- Maintain excellent standards of customer service providing information and assistance with regard to the food and service
- Acting as an "Allergen Ambassador" assisting customers with their food choices as and when necessary
- Serving on the till
- Cleaning in the canteen area as required, including floors
- Keeping the pot wash and kitchen area clean and tidy
- General cleaning duties
- Any other kitchen duties as required.
- Friendly and approachable
- Genuine love of people and good service
Training and Qualifications
- A basic food hygiene certificate would be an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Methodical and organised
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines" The appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.The candidate must be suitable to work with children.
Please send a completed application form to Sharon Treharne, PA to Principal &HR Administrator, as soon as possible.
Application deadline 30 June 2017