GCSE Programme Assistant
Closing date for applications: 23 June 2017
Bellerbys Brighton is a co-educational international college which specialises in providing a high quality British Education for predominantly international students from over 60 different countries around the world and preparing them for university. Our highly motivated students benefit from our state of the art facilities and small class sizes within a unique and vibrant educational environment.
We offer a wide variety of courses including English Language Preparation, IELTS, GCSEs, A levels as well as our own Foundation programme, which is a pre-university course accredited by Lancaster University.
Bellerbys College is owned by Study Group, a global educational organisation which prepares students for life in a global society and success in a global economy.
We are currently seeking an GCSE Programme Assistant to support all aspects of the coordination of the GCSE Programme in liaison with the GCSE Programme Manager.
This is a full time permanent position from Monday to Friday (37 ½ hours per week).
Job purpose: to effectively and efficiently support all aspects of the coordination of the GCSE programme in liaison with the GCSE Programme Manager and Senior Tutors. Providing excellent customer service to the student body, supporting from them from both an academic and welfare perspective.
£23-25k permanent full time
- Input into timetabling the Programme each term in liaison with the Programme & to ‘current’ students
- Liaise with the Senior Tutors to ensure that the tutor programme is effective
- Encourage and support extracurricular activity programme
- Attend regular meetings of academic and administration departments
- Actively participate in relevant internal and external meetings with project management of delegated areas connected to the role (e.g. course content and design, teacher performance and development, resources and materials)
- Assist with administration of Attendance Policy & Behavioural Policy
- Deal with agent and parent queries, liaising with the Programme Manager, Academic Director, Principal and other staff as appropriate
- Manage reports for agents and students in liaison with the Programme Manager
- Work with the Exams Officer and other staff as required to ensure students are entered correctly for exams
- Support attendance policy and ensure any issues promptly dealt with
- Check homework submissions and overall student performance weekly as requested
- Prepare minutes after meetings
- Assist with the organisation of Awards ceremonies
- Support internal progression following GCSE course
- Other related activities as may be reasonably requested by Programme Manager
- Assist with induction of students to the programme
- Manage student concerns as required
- Liaise with the GCSE Programme Manager regarding student complaints, feedback and queries
- Ensure safeguarding regulations and best practice are met at all times
Qualifications and Training
- A good first degree is preferred but not essential
- Experience of Outlook, Word mail merge, Excel and databases is also preferred
- Preferred but not essential
Knowledge and Skills
- Applicants should have excellent administrative, interpersonal communication, IT and organisational skills.
- A high degree of accuracy, a keen eye for detail and the ability to perform in a busy environment is required.
- The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and the appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Please apply with a completed application form and send to CollegeRecruitment@studygroup.com.
Application deadline 23 June 2017