Deadline for applications: N/A
We’re hiring for a talented Financial Analyst to be based in our Brighton offices, five minutes’ walk from the train station.
In this job you’ll provide support to the Head of Financial Analysis, Commercial Business Partners and the Commercial Finance Director in order to deliver effective business partnering, planning and analysis across the UK Higher Education division. This includes management reporting, budgeting and forecasting and analysis for decision support.
Contract Type: Full time
Salary: £28-31,000, plus excellent benefits
Why choose us
It’s an opportunity to work for Study Group, the 2017 and 2018 Pathway Company of the Year*. Our UK Higher Education business already works with some great partners (including Russell Group universities), and we’re targeting to add new partnerships every year. We’re a business that believes in listening to its staff – so if you have ideas, we want to hear them! And you’ll be working in the heart of a great city.
*Education Investor Awards 2017 and 2018
Study Group is one of the world’s largest international education and training organisations. Every year over 77,000 students from more than 170 countries choose to study with Study Group. We invest in international students’ futures and enhance their prospects by focusing on the way they learn as well as the qualifications they achieve.
Our ethos is best summed up by the phrase "Students First". The success and well-being of our students is at the heart of everything we do, and it's what drives us to excel.
What will the job actually involve?
Among other things, you’ll:
- Work with the Financial Control team to ensure a smooth and accurate month end close
- Own working with the Financial Control team to review run rate analysis as preparation for month end
- Prepare/distribute budget holder monthly reports and deal with queries from budget holders
- Support Commercial finance team to provide robust, accurate and consistent KPI reporting across UKHE
- Undertake ad hoc modelling and analysis to aid strategic decision making, including 5 year plan process and strategic review
- Influence development of new and continuous improvement of existing reporting and analysis by supporting reviews and idea sharing across the team
- Produce/maintain robust budget and forecast models for a range of centres across the business, highlighting risks and opportunities
- Support the transition into a forecast and budget platform and remove the reliance on Excel
- Gather and analyse data to understand run rate trends for the future years
- Develop strong relationship with financial control team and key budget holder contacts in the HE centres to provide an excellent business partnering service
What skills will I need for the job?
To be our Financial Analyst, you’ll be an experienced finance professional with previous experience of management reporting and financial analysis, and excellent IT skills (particularly Excel). Budgeting and forecasting experience would be useful, but isn’t essential.
Please apply online as soon as possible. We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.