Closing date for applications: 29 September 2017
The Financial Analyst role will provide support to the Head of FP&A and Senior Financial Analyst in order to deliver effective business partnering, planning and analysis across our English Language division (to include higher education if 5 days). This includes management reporting, budgeting and forecasting and analysis for decision support mainly in the sales function.
You must be great with Excel and enjoy manipulating data in order to provide the business with useful insights.
We offer an annual leave allowance which increases with length of service, pension, local/national discounts, child care vouchers, travel loans, eyecare vouchers, flexible working, employee referral (worth £500), assistance & recognition schemes, and the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment in a friendly team 2 minutes from Brighton Station. We may also be able to help with study costs.
Location: Brighton, UK
Contract: full or part time, 3 or 5 days per week.
Management Reporting and Analysis
- Run weekly sales reports and includes value add commentary
- Excel modelling to support the financial evaluation of new initiatives, business proposals and investments working with Senior Financial Analyst and Head of FP&A
- Prepare/distribute monthly reports to budget holders and dealing with queries from budget holders
- Support Senior Financial Analyst to provide ongoing trend analysis on sales volumes
- Provide support and ad hoc analysis to Head of FP&A and Senior Financial Analyst
- Support the team in the production of the 2018 budget. This includes modelling of sales volumes and collection of sales team expenditure.
- Prepare/load of non-financial data including student volumes/weeks on a monthly basis
- Load all budget and forecast data (financial and non-financial) onto finance system and reconcile results to ensure accuracy
- Develop strong relationship with Financial control team and key budget holders in the sales division to provide an excellent business partnering service.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with non-financial colleagues
- Business Partner focus
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent data manipulation and interpretation skills specifically Excel and Powerpoint presentation
- Previous management reporting and financial analysis experience
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of accounting systems
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply via LinkedIn with your salary expectations, availability to start work in Brighton (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in the UK. You can insert your cover letter above your CV to enable you to send all the information required in one document.
Application deadline 29 September 2017