Closing date for applications: 27 October 2017
Location: Brighton, UK
Role: Full time, Permanent
International Group in Brighton looking for a Financial Analyst! You must be great with Excel and enjoy manipulating data in order to provide the business with useful insights.
We offer an annual leave allowance which increases with length of service, pension, local/national discounts, child care vouchers, travel loans, eyecare vouchers, flexible working, employee referral (worth £500), assistance & recognition schemes, and the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment in a friendly team 2 minutes from Brighton Station. We may also be able to help with study costs.
The Financial Analyst role is to provide support to the Head of Management Information and FP&A team in order to deliver effective business partnering, planning and analysis across the UK HE division. This includes management reporting, budgeting and forecasting and analysis for decision support.
Management Reporting and Analysis
- Excel modelling to support the financial evaluation of new initiatives and business proposals
- Work with the Financial Control team to ensure a smooth and accurate month end close
- Preparation/distribution of other budget holder monthly reports and dealing with queries from budget holders
- Supporting FP&A team to provide robust, accurate and consistent KPI reporting across the UKHE division
- Ad hoc modelling and analysis to aid strategic decision making including 3 year plan process, and International Study Centre strategic review process
- Supporting reviews of continuous process improvements and ideas sharing across the team
- Drive discussions with some of the centres around month end results and future plans Supporting two way discussions on the data and developing relationships
- Provide support and ad hoc analysis to FP&A team
- Production and maintenance of robust excel budgets and forecast models for a range of centres across our higher education (HE) network
- Preparation/loading of non-financial data including student volumes/weeks and New Student Enrolments (NSE's) on a monthly basis
- Gather data and analysing these to understand trends for the future years
- Responsible for loading all budget and forecast data (financial and non-financial) to finance system and reconciling results to ensure this has been done accurately
- Relationship Management across the team
- Develop strong relationship with financial control team and key budget holder contacts in the UK HE centres to provide an excellent business partnering service.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with financial and non-financial colleagues
- Business Partner focus
- Excellent team worker, sharing ideas and best practice
- Excellent data manipulation and interpretation skills including Excel and PowerPoint presentation
- Self-starter, able to take initiatives and openly suggest ideas
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply with your salary expectations, availability to start work in Brighton (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in the UK via LinkedIn.
Application deadline 27 October 2017